House in southern Hertfordshire.From the | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
cx888
cx888 Feb 12
Umpire Paul Reiffel has dismissed the idea of wearing a helmet while officiating in Test matches, despite suffering a concussion after being hit by a fielders throw on the first day of the fourth Test of the ongoing India-England series. Reiffel is currently home in Melbourne, after the ICC deemed him unfit to take the field in the final Test in Chennai.Speaking to Fairfax Media, the former Australia fast bowler said wearing a helmet would complicate the umpiring process for him. It would be too heavy and too hot, five days with a helmet on, it just would be impossible, he said. Its hard to hear [with the helmet on]. Ive put one on and thought could I umpire in this?, and I thought Id really struggle.Reiffel, who was standing at square leg when he was hit by a throw from Indias Bhuvneshwar Kumar, said the accident occurred because he took his eyes off the ball thinking it was dead. Always keep your eye on the ball, he said. I just didnt do it. I feel a bit silly not doing that. Its like playing; if you watch the ball you should come out all right. It was just an accident. Id back myself to get out of the way if I see it coming.The batsmen had stopped running, the fieldsmen were taking their time. I must have relaxed and expected him to throw it to the keeper over my head and he decided to throw it halfway to the fieldsman. He got it wrong and hit me on the back of my head. It got me behind the ear and hit me flush, thats whats done the damage.He said he could remember little of what happened thereafter, and, in hindsight, was glad the ICC took the decision to make him stand down for the rest of the Test. Apart from that, I dont really remember a lot about it. I suppose it did hurt. Ive watched the replay and I went down pretty quick. I was rolling around a bit. It certainly shook me up.The next day you feel as though you should be out there. The England cricket team doctor put me through a few tests and I didnt pass them that well, so they decided it was best not to do the Test and have a bit of a rest and come back later. The ICC decided it was for the best I had the rest. Im glad about that because I needed it. I was pretty sick for a few days there.Reiffel is expected to return for the New Zealand-Bangladesh ODI series, which begins on Boxing Day. Andrew Billings Bengals Jersey. Michell Burger, a woman who lives on an estate next to Pistorius gated community, said she and her husband were awoken by the screams in the pre-dawn hours of Feb. 14 last year, when Pistorius killed Reeva Steenkamp by shooting four times through a door in his bathroom. Sam Hubbard Bengals Jersey. After Gasquet beat fifth-seeded Ivan Dodig of Croatia 7-5, 6-3, Tsonga followed up with a 6-7 (3), 6-2, 6-2 win against sixth-seeded Edouard Roger-Vasselin in an all-French match. http://www.bengalsgear.com/authentic-sam-hubbard-jersey.html.J. -- Marshawn Lynch said Thursday it will be good to get back to football after the Seattle quiet talking running back wrapped up his final mandatory media session of Super Bowl week. Billy Price Bengals Jersey. SIMONS ISLAND, Ga. Malik Jefferson Bengals Jersey. Zvonareva, who won the tournament in 2009 and 10, couldnt handle her opponents big groundstrokes in only her third event back after 17 months out with a shoulder injury. Zvonareva made her comeback in January in Shenzhen and played in the Australian Open but lost her first matches at both tournaments. Who qualifies as a sporting great? Who can really be called a legend? Some gain more support than others but, in the modern era, tennis?Andy Murray?and Formula?Ones Lewis Hamilton are at the top of the list in the British sporting pantheon.Comparing them with other enduring heroes is tough. Its easy to make cases for people such as Booby Moore, Englands World Cup-winning captain or five-time Olympic-gold-medal-winner Steve Redgrave.There are many others who deserve a mention, too, including Jackie Stewart, the unquestioned king of the F1 road in his day, Chris Hoy, who swept Olympic, Commonwealth and World Championship rivals away and 3-time Open winner Nick Faldo.But after a brilliant British sporting weekend that saw the nations tennis players claim five titles at Wimbledon, Hamilton win his home Grand Prix and Chris Froome retain the yellow jersey in the Tour de France, the focus is on two for whom the crown of the greatest appears to fits most snugly:Andy MurrayWhen he started out on tennis mens tour the nation couldnt decide whether he was more Scottish or British. In newspaper offices, journalists swung between the two descriptions depending on how well he was doing.?Today, things have changed. Murray is a multiple Grand Slam winner, Olympic champion and the guy who led his country to Davis Cup glory after an achingly-long wait.Hes the world No.2 in his sports greatest era and has shattered numerous long-standing records that had hung heavily from the nations shoulders. But there is more: he is also a tennis statesman, proud dad and fans favourite.The way Murray stops to sign programmes and tennis balls when he moves around Wimbledons courts, or has the time for a string of selfies with supporters in the corridors within the Centre Court building after wining the biggest title in his sport, speaks volumes.Even the morning after celebrating his latest Grand Slam title, when ESPN asked him about the legacy hed like to leave at the end of his career, he seemed a little embarrassed, too modest to have thought about his place in the British sporting pantheon.I dont know what my legacy will be, he said. When I finish, it would be nice if British tennis was in a better place than when I came in.Murray is no flash, money-mad sporting figure. In many ways, he is an anti-hero who has achieved fame and fortune despite a character which no marketing man would describe as perfect. Even Murrays camp describe him as a bit nerdy.The 29-year-old has earned a claim to British sporting greatness through taleent and hard work, building his physique and honing his skills.dddddddddddd Most of the other image-making elements which increase the popularity -- or notoriety -- of others have been eschewed.But when tennis has struggled with doping and betting scandals, he has been the voice of reason; the guy who gives an honest, thought-through opinion.Murray has shown his emotions and people have found they can relate to him as a result. Better than that, pundits, fans and the man in the street who only watches tennis once a year when it is served with strawberries and cream, can admire him.If he finally dethrones his great rival, Novak Djokovic, a stronger candidate would be hard to imagine.Leo SpallLewis HamiltonCome off the A10, drive through the unassuming housing estate and cross over the canal. If you find yourself at the sewage works, youve gone too far. This is where the story started -- a small go-kart track called Rye House in southern Hertfordshire.From the age of seven, Hamilton would complete laps of the circuit while his father, Anthony, stood behind the tyre barrier watching on.Aside from monitoring the progress of his son, Anthony would keep an eye on the more experienced karters, making a note of where the best ones hit the brakes for the trickiest corners.Once hed correlated the fastest times with the latest braking points, hed stand at the side of the track as a marker for his son to beat. Lap after lap, Hamilton Jnr would brake later and later, push harder and harder, until finally no-one could beat him.Fast forward 25 years and Hamiltons
Welcome to The Blacksmith Company, feel free to contribute and help our community grow!

Users

Forum Topics

sxx123
NEW YORK -- An Argentinian sports marketing... More
sxx123 52 minutes ago
sxx123
Pep Guardiola says his Manchester City side did... More
sxx123 53 minutes ago
sxx123
The first day of the Rocket League Championship... More
sxx123 53 minutes ago
sxx123