Hello from Pennsylvania! | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » Introduce Yourself
UnderhillForge Curmudgeon
While it's true that I"m also the guy that created the site, I should still introduce myself. My name's J W Stekervetz, I'm the owner of Underhill Forge in Manheim, PA. I'm a bladesmith who occasionally dabbles in proper blacksmithing. I've been at this almost 24 years, I was a demonstrating blacksmith at the Pennsylvania Renaissance Faire for many many years, took a break in 2015 from the demo thing to pursue teaching which started drawing my full time attention in late 2014. Father of two, divorced, enjoy a good bourbon and a great cigar! Otherwise, I started this whole thing to give a new and modern option to those in our craft who are tired of reading the same old posts in forums, Facebook and static webpages that never seem to get updated. Now it's time to sit back, enjoy a beer and see who else joins us! Do us a favor and introduce yourself in the forums!

-J 

The Forum post is edited by UnderhillForge Jan 27
StephenGustav
Thanks for setting this up - 

My son and I (he'll probably be joining shortly) are interested in learning blacksmithing. We live near Johnstown, PA, and are assembling a forge. My uncle is a blacksmith, but sadly (for us) he lives in Tennessee. We are planning a trip down to his forge in a couple months, but in the meantime wanted to get started. 

This being the internet era, we've been watching a lot of youtube videos and reading, but it would be great to get some direct input from people who know what they're doing. 

UnderhillForge Curmudgeon
Welcome! By all means feel free to pick our brains! As a teacher, in the field, I get asked questions all the time and I figured it would be nice to have a venue to answer them and keep it up to date! 

-J
Welcome to The Blacksmith Company, feel free to contribute and help our community grow!

Forum Topics

gaosuo1234
 Continue this whole process until you're... More
gaosuo1234 7 minutes ago
gaosuo1234
By playing game you can better your attack,... More
gaosuo1234 8 minutes ago
tracywong922
 What Does Runescape Bakriminel Bolts... More
tracywong922 20 hours ago
miaowang123
MINNEAPOLIS -- With rookie slugger Jose Abreu... More