at home to Miami. ... The Bulls are 6-1 at the United Center | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
cx888
cx888 Aug 14
Cam Newton has come in for plenty of criticism for his behaviour following defeat in Super Bowl 50, but Alex Ferguson says hes not the first. Randy Moss Vikings Jersey . Newton: I am a sore loser Cam Newton makes no apologies for behaviour I remember being at Super XLII when David Tyree caught the Helmet Catch that kept the New York Giants in the game against the New York Patriots and led to Plaxico Burress game-leading touchdown. No cheering in the press box? It wasnt cheering so much as a cry of shock to heaven and earth. I still cant believe it.I also remember Tom Brady getting sacked at the end by Jay Alford and a dismal Hail Mary attempt which ended the Pats Super Bowl chances and dream of completing an unbeaten season. After the game I went down to the madness known as the post-match press conferences, and Brady was standing there. Defensive tackle Jay Alford of the New York Giants sacks quarterback Tom Brady of the New England Patriots in 2008 He was asked what throws hed like to have back after a 299-yard, one touchdown performance - where he was sacked five times too, and he said: Pretty much all of em. He added: Were usually on the better side of those three-point wins, referring to the 17-14 score.Those comments could also be described as sour grapes. After all, Cam Newtons grumpiness at his postgame press conference led to him being called a cry baby over a lack of joy for Peyton Manning and the Denver Broncos following Sundays match. Newton walked out of his Super Bowl 50 press conference following boastful comments from the Denver Broncos Chris Harris Brady wasnt exactly effervescent when he was fielding a barrage of questions on the podium, either.Could it be that its probably difficult to be pleased for your opposition when the opportunity of a lifetime (in both quarterbacks case) has been plucked away…..and you havent had a particularly good game?The media - both social and journalists themselves - have made too much of it. There are some people who have said that the reason why the media have been critical of Newtons postgame walk-off is that its the kryptonite the sharks have been looking for. They dont like Superman doing his thing - by which we mean be a decent person, look like hes actually enjoying playing in the NFL, and giving footballs to kids, all while leading the Carolina Panthers to a 17-1 record (going into Super Bowl 50).And Newton - like Brady (although he never said it at the time) - didnt apologise for being a bit grumpy after the loss. Super Bowl talking points We look back at Super Bowl 50 Show me a good loser and Ill show you a loser, he said, adding: I dont have to conform to what everybody wants. I am my own person.But there may be something more sinister going on than people just annoyed about a postgame press conference.Shaun King of the New York Daily News noted Mannings Super Bowl XLIV loss to the Saints in 2010: With time still remaining on the clock, Peyton did something that Cam Newton would have been absolutely skewered for - he left the field. He didnt congratulate the opposing quarterback Drew Brees, as is customary. He didnt shake any hands. He didnt try to smile. He just bailed. Peyton Manning and Marvin Harrison of the Indianapolis Colts talk on the bench after a touchdown against the St. Louis In 2010 there was controversy after Manning walked away. A US sports reporter said: Walking off the field without congratulating Drew Brees may go against our misguided notion of what sportsmanship should be, but it wasnt at all disrespectful or bitter. It shows how much Peyton Manning wanted to win the game. And who can argue about that?I cant argue with it. After all, what did we expect? Cam Newton to join Manning in the postgame press conference and offer to drink Budweisers with him and lead the party all the way to Disneyland?The press needs to chill out about this Cam Newton business. After all, hes got no more tears to shed. Also See: WATCH: Why Cam walked out Newton: I am a sore loser Super Bowl 50 talking points Broncos win Super Bowl 50 Brian ONeill Vikings Jersey . -- Edmontons Val Sweeting is two wins away from a trip to Winnipeg to play in Canadas Road of the Rings in December. Kirk Cousins Womens Jersey . PETERSBURG, Fla. http:///...Moss-Vikings-Jersey/ .C. -- Kemba Walker and the Charlotte Bobcats got off to a fast start, and the Sacramento Kings were never quite able to catch up. CHICAGO -- Dwyane Wade wearing a Chicago Bulls uniform never will look right to Miami coach Erik Spoelstra. On nights like this, its particularly painful.Wade scored 28 points against his former team, Jimmy Butler led the way with 31 and the Bulls held off the struggling Heat 105-100 on Saturday.Butler scored Chicagos final 10 points to help the Bulls come out on top after Miami pulled within one.Wade, the 12-time All-Star and three-time NBA champion with Miami, keyed a big third-quarter run in his second game against the Heat. He and the Bulls hung on after handing San Antonio its first road loss two nights earlier.Ive seen it for so many years on our side, Spoelstra said. He showed his competitiveness and the variety of his menu. He was going into the post, he was playing pick-and-roll basketball -- he puts a tremendous amount of pressure on your team defense. Hes got all the talent in the world, but what really makes Dwyane is his intellect for the game. He knows where the defense is going to be, and he knows the moves before you even make them.Goran Dragic led Miami with 21 points and 11 assists, and an energetic Hassan Whiteside added 20 points after being benched for part of Fridays blowout loss in Cleveland. Tyler Johnson scored 15, but the Heat dropped their fifth straight.Johnson cut it to 97-96 when he nailed a 3-pointer with 4:20 left. Butler then drove for a three-point play and hit another free throw to make it 101-96, but the Heat werent finished.A layup by Dragic and basket by Whiteside in the lane cut it to 101-100 with 13 seconds remaining. Butler then hit two free throws to boost Chicagos lead back up to three.With a chance to tie, Dragic and Josh Richardson botched a handoff near the top of the key. Butler got the steal and hit two more foul shots with less than a second left to seal the win.In tthis league, there are going to be some nights youre going to play amazing, and there are going to be some nights where you play just well enough to get a win, Wade said. Paul Krause Womens Jersey. Never begrudge a win. We played good enough to get a win tonight.BIG DUNKWade let out a smile after he was fouled by Whiteside on a soaring dunk after splitting two defenders for a three-point play during an 18-2 run in the third. Wade scored 11 during that spurt.THATS MONEYFloyd Mayweather took in the game and was shown on the video board during the third quarter.TIP-INSHeat: F Udonis Haslem rejoined Heat after they let him miss Fridays game at Cleveland to watch his son win a state football championship. The 14-year veteran got to see Kedonis Haslem, a 6-foot-4, 290-pound lineman, and Fort Lauderdale St. Thomas Aquinas pound Plant 45-6 in the Florida Class 7A final. Hes missed all of his sons important playoff games and championship games, senior year, Spoelstra said. U.D. has been in 13 years of service with us and you miss so many moments that we felt that this would be a moment that he wasnt going to miss and regret years from now. ... Spoelstra said Whiteside has been dealing with knee and hip issues as well as a couple other things. ... Miami was 5 of 20 on 3-pointers and 11 of 18 at the foul line.Bulls: Chicago was just 1 of 8 on 3-pointers but hit 28 of 31 free throws, with Butler going 15 for 16. ... The Bulls, who began the night second to Denver in rebounds per game at 48.6, had 47. ... Chicago had dropped three straight at home to Miami. ... The Bulls are 6-1 at the United Center against Eastern Conference teams.UP NEXTHeat: Host Washington on Monday night.Bulls: Host Minnesota on Tuesday night. ' ' ' 
Welcome to The Blacksmith Company, feel free to contribute and help our community grow!

Users